Taylor-Grady House, Athens, Georgia
Owner: Unified Government of Athens-Clarke County
Architect: Lane Greene, JBRS Architects
Completed: September 2005Construction Amount: $1,583,644
Originally built by General Taylor in 1843, later sold to Henry W. Grady; the house is largely original and is one of the few buildings with “Landmark” status with the National Trust. In 2005, Athens Clarke County performed a complete interior and exterior restoration of the property. Whitsel Construction Services served as a design-build general contractor for the project.